The American Charter School Foundation (ACSF) was organized in 1998 as a Michigan non profit corporation. ACSF operates as a non profit 501(c)(3) corporation.
The mission of the ACSF is to promote the charter school movement in the United States with the goal of improving the public school system by creating a more competitive environment, providing parents and students with freedom of choice, and striving for higher academic standards. To assist in the accomplishment of this goal, the ACSF will do any or all of the following:
- Apply for charter school applications
- Provide supplemental educational services
- Operate as an educational management company
- Serve as a governing body for charter schools
- Acquire property for school sites and facilities
- Provide startup funding and capital investment